As e-commerce sales are on the rise, more eyes are moving to the final mile. This area of the supply chain is still relatively new to many shippers, and with this new extension comes a more pressing need for visibility through the final mile.
Losing visibility in the final mile is typically caused by the varying types of software used, manual integrations to hundreds of carriers, and unique delivery requirements.
“We found our clients need even more tools than before to manage the final mile.” said CEO Henry Dixon, “To meet their needs, we enhanced eTrac’s reporting and dashboard capabilities to provide more final mile visibility and management reporting capabilities than any other platform.”
eTrac now uses the aggregated data that flows between shippers and carriers as it passes through the eTrac gateway to give our customers a powerful and secure business intelligence tool.
“Carrier visibility doesn’t end with GPS tracking, KPI reporting is vital for customer satisfaction.” says eTrac National Sales Director, Jeff Boutwell, “Shippers today not only must track on-time carrier performance, but evaluate carrier communication and compliance. It is key to providing a customer-centric supply chain.”
The team at eTrac has used their supply chain expertise to develop a standard set of dashboards that allows eTrac users to see such things as:
- On-time deliveries — You can see where you’re final mile deliveries aren’t making it on time, and who is not getting them there
- Bitmap signatures received — See who is getting the required signatures for packages and who is not
- Required status message compliance — When you need your agents to update you multiple times on the order status, like when the freight is received, when it’s out for delivery, etc.
- The physical location of where the delivery scan was made — Specifically in the cases where a delivery scan happens at a different site than where the delivery was intended initially to complete
- Over, Short and Damage situations (or OS&D) — when packages arrive in excess, packages are missing or have damaged items
In addition to the standard dashboards, the reporting tool allows users to stay in control of their data by:
- Creating build custom components and dashboards within the tool.
- Data mining and predictive analysis to find trends and create predictions.
- Drive your business with data-driven decisions.
With e-commerce sales expected to increase to $650 billion in the next five years, and continual growth in specialized final mile delivery areas such as prescription and grocery home delivery, visibility in that last mile is more paramount than ever. eTrac is happy to partner with shippers and logistics providers to provide them the final mile visibility and tools they need to manage the final segment of the supply chain.
eTrac provides shippers, 3PLs, and other logistics providers with a single point of integration to connect to their final mile carriers, saving you time and money. For more information, please visit etracfinalmile.com.